Re: [Amc-list] 1962 Classic Front Shocks.

Re: [Amc-list] 1962 Classic Front Shocks.

SNIP

does anyone have a hack for getting shocks for the

front? i have a 62 classic and a 65 classic. i have

not been able to find any shocks for the front for the

62. local suspension shop wants measurements to make

custom shocks for me at about $110 EACH. i KNOW there

has to be something to modify to use more common

shocks at a better price than that.

dave stohler

SNIP

Dave, One of the problems with owning an Early AMC or Rambler product is
that the parts are getting harder to get as we type. Most everything prior
to 1968 is or has become some form of a discontinued or limited production
part, 'specially the shock absorbers. I have on file the following
information and with this you may be able to cross them into something else
that is available or purchase them directly yourself. If you do find
something else I would appreciate the information.

Good Luck

John.

Ambassador Rebel & Marlin 1962 - 1965 Front

Gabriel 82096 Classic Shock Absorber

Carrera 3265s + 1551 Kit, Premium.