[Amc-list] Who was having more fun?

I came home from work a little early today, before the
evening rush, and could cruise in my 77 Gremlin just
below the speed limit for most of the 28 miles home.
Following me most of the way was a very new model
Ferrari, silver and sleek.  I watched the driver in my
rear view mirror. The driver was about my age which is
60 years.  I wondered if he was having as much fun as
I was.

My little car runs very well and has plenty of pickup
at any reasonable speed.  The vibration from the old
tires (if you remember my "old tires" post a few weeks
ago) is too bad to tolerate, so different wheels and
tires will be mounted on the car this weekend.  I have
some rattles do attend to and I was mentally making a
punch list of remaining things to address as the time
allows.

That Ferrari driver was probably bored, or worrying
about he next car payment or the next repair bill, or
fretting over how long before his next breakdown, or
how to pay his insurance bill.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA