[Amc-list] Tire Balance

I managed a small tire shop for Sears awhile back. For training they sent
me to one of their big tire centers to observe the operation. While I was
there a rep from a machinery supplier gave us a little training on using a
bubble balancer to be used as a backup in case the spin balancer was not
available.
 When using a "static" (bubble) type balancer you should first set the
total amount of weight needed to balance the tire on the rim of the wheel.
Divide the weight into FOUR separate weights. Then move the two groups of
four weights to the 4 and 8 o'clock position on the wheel. Adjust the size
of the weights to get the tire to center the bubble.
 By dividing the weights into 4 groups (to be mounted on the front and
rear of wheel) and positioning them at 4&8 o'clock you
are coming closest to achieving "Dynamic" balance by using the static
method.
You would be surprised at how many tires can be satisfactorily balanced
using this method.
But HEY,,, that's just ME,,,
Bruce Hevner