They are 'stupidly' fast.

Our Newburgh NY has a four lane'r
that runs for a mile 'n half straight
to the Hudson River.

Everything was Camaro / Nova / Vette
- Roadrunner / Mustang / Charger....

one 390 Machine would show up on a very
rare occaison - punish all takers - then
disapear........ for months.... the car
was 'Mythic' .. few talked about it.

 said this
one guy I talked to one summers nite in
'Pappy's Puppy Palace' parking lot:

'yeah, there's this one cah...they don't
talk....pussies...'Cause they lost their
Fawhkin_Faces to a Rambler - huH?~!'

[ this guy
was cruellllllllllllll :]

'Hey Chris! got your ass_kicked by that
Grannie_Ramblah frum New Windsah lately?
It's ah fawhKIN' NASH Chris ....! '

guy was brutal.....;)

I hadn't seen an AMC other than a Gremlin at the time,
I was driving my HUDSON....I'd modded a '49 Ford HURST
shifter to work on the three speed - punched the Radio
going into second..... duh......

I did stop over to the AMC showroom later that summer and
guess what I pull up next to in the lot .........
a White RB 390 MACHINE - with some guy in it - punching
the tach to six grand........ I'm smiling just hearing
that engine in my Memory.....

It made RPM like mad - not your 'wind the clock' GM or Ford
delayed pleasure rev - this think made RPM 'right now' and
shriek'd doing it......... 'Brutal' ;) .

So THIS was the 'Mythic Machine'.......... it belonged to
the Son of the AMC Dealer so God only knows what Group 19
piece was NOT on the car....street talk had 'Ten Grand intha
Motah"......

".....that NASH is just FAHSTuh than that SHIT VETTE Bobby ??.....
yah fuhkaa...."

any wonder why I love the 'street' crowd ?

better than a trip to Disney Land.

B.