-----------
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:29:40 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Stockton wheel wants (reasonably I think) $55/wheel to media blast and true
the 15" American wheels. Plus shipping, two ways.

Wheel Vintiques wants $52 each for new wheels, and they're smoothies (plain
steel but without the little window that's hard to wash). 15 x 6. Backspacing
is 3-5/8".  12-5612358 SMOOTHIE (BARE)

I just measured the American wheel -- at the rim, as best I can tell with the
tire on, the width is 4.5"! Four (4) point five. Inches. It's definitely
under 5" on the rim portion outside to outside. Backspacing is 3-1/8".

I gotta gamble that there's enough room to clear the spring. Frank, what was
the widest wheel you reliably remember putting on the front of one of these
cars?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"