Re: [Amc-list] Hydrogen Power (was Holley Carb Questions .... )

Re: [Amc-list] Hydrogen Power (was Holley Carb Questions .... )

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" Hey, If we sealed up all the windows and doors and put a hose on the dome???....
" seriously, there are many untapped sources for fuels. The problem is figuring out what is realy an acceptable alternative fuel. So many of them are realy just pipe dreams, I.E. they cost more to make then they provide equalling a net loss.
"    Politicians go with the "green" popular stuff, either not careing or not having the time to realy understand what they are voting for.

the big failing with the democratic system is that it so easily
defenerates into a beauty contest dominated by narcissists and other
mental defectives short on real leadership or responsibility.
politicians are long skilled at finding which way the parade is
marching, then running to get in front of it.  they call it
'representing the people'.

taking the field in, and not forgetting what's manufacturably
practical, imho the best alternative fuel is biodiesel.  better fuel
crops are needed and subfreezing fluidity needs to be improved, but
it's a straight sub for diesel fuel and heating oil.  diesels that run
all the time can easily switch to straight vegetable oil, which works
very well when heated to coolant temps.  cold starting is svo's only
weakness.

yes, many things like trains and urban buses could be electrified.
being from boston i'd like to see more trolley cars...  [digression: i
-hate- those diesel tourist so-called 'trolley' buses, blatantly
misnamed since 'trolley' refers to the electric pole that runs along
an overhead wire]