Re: [Amc-list] fsj: perfect rust free 89 Grand Wagoneer body...

Re: [Amc-list] fsj: perfect rust free 89 Grand Wagoneer body...

When I drove it, it sounded fine to me except the exhaust leak and a
clacking lifter (maybe typical bent pushrod?) Felt like it had nearly as
much oomph as the '77 AMX 304 in my '73 J4000 (that motor may end up in this
'86 Grand Wagoneer I found, or else Brian's Nash/Jeep 327 and TH400 will
make a go of it! <G>)

john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I put the driveshaft back on the '89 today, drove it
around the driveways... a/c works!  still haven't
gotten the sunroof to close yet, but pulled the
electronic module, will trace the schematic and figure
out which wires to jump to get the roof closed...  suspect
that one of the relays failed.

Anyway, before I invest tons of time and a bunch of
money into this perfect, rust free body '89 Grand
Wagoneer that needs some engine attention, exhaust
work, tires and interior work, mainly carpet, clean
the seats and headliner...

NO RUST, BODY STRAIGHT, looks like excellent Blue metallic
paint...  glass is all good, bumpers are good...

It runs and drives, not sure how far it will go...  they
were driving it daily...

anyone back in the rust belt interested?  make me an offer...

this body is better than Omega's...

To make it perfect the following is needed:
- engine repair?
- exhaust manifold pass side, complete exhaust
- tires
- weather stripping / wipes doors
- new carpet
- headliner cleaned
- seats cleaned
- minor electrical issue, dome light comes on all the time

I'm hoping that Omega will be done soon and I'll focus what
little
time I have on him... also may be getting a couple of J10s that
will also need attention, both will be for sale when ready...

AFter running countless analysis and "fuzzy logic" scenarios it
keeps coming back to Omega with the 6.2L Diesel, in a close
second
is a late model Cherokee Limited...

I'll try to get some decent pictures of the '89...  once I get
the
sunroof closed I'll be able to get it detailed...  This will be
a very nice Grand Wagoneer without a lot of effort or money...

john