[Amc-list] "this doesn't look like TheEmerald City , Toto..." -

[Amc-list] "this doesn't look like TheEmerald City , Toto..." -

Greetings..

I don't know exactly what the discussion on pain meds is all about...but
I've been living on them for years now...

I go to pain clinic in Burlington, VT and basically live on Percocet and
Methodone...and it truly rots...because they (the drugs) do not diminish the
pain but a bit leaving me to waddle thru life with a hugely large back
problem which in it's time will preclude me from doing such mundane things
like walking...just plain walking!!  SHHHHHHEEEEESH!!

So them folks who don't understand what pain is...every day...when the
'pain' does what it does...when it never relents, when it just does not
allow one a decent respite from the harshest of punishments, your own body's
failing...
failing to function...
To walk...
to bend
dance...
etc, etc, etc...

I don't find any part of any discussion about chronic pain funny unless it
comes from someone who actually understands it and has dealt with it for any
length of time...(don't actually have to suffer with it to understand it,
just know it's real enough and is a very very serious debility which is
pervasive in one's life...it basically RULES one's life...

Truth is quite simply that I'd likely not understand the gravity of this
crap unless I'd gone thru it myself (which, of course, I am doing)...perhaps
ignorance was better...

*Sigh*

*SIGH*

What to do about it??

I've not found the solution to chronic pain...to having one's life put on
hold by serious and unrelenting pain...
I can increment the pain pills (I don't even get 'high' from the dammed
things!!  That HAS to be the worst of it all...Narcotics and NO HIGH!!  *OK,
so I think THAT'S funny*)...

Am I reading that you've been initiated to chronic pain the thus a pain
clinic??

My Pains eminate from FibroMyalgia (and ME, the new name for CFIDS) and an
older existing issue with spinal arthritis and deformities and a chronic
type of 'disorder' in which the degradation will continue unabated forever
(well, how much past 'downrightfugginmothafugginnutsocoocoocrapetcetc' can
it go???)

What are your pain issues and how do you 'do' Ramblers with chronic and
unabating pain??
I have to actually consider dumping the fleet (which, in fact I am...which
of my cars would you like to purchase??)...

Oh...got a 195.6 CID 63 engine?

Jerijan

(*all the pain stuff is for real.  it's the worst thing I've ever
experienced in my life, been ongoing for near 15 years (worsening) and I'm
at wits end with it to the point that I am actually commencing the fleet
reductions mentioned...)

Pass the word...these go..
'54 Nash Ambassador 2dr Ht Country Club
'56 Nash Ambassador 4 dr sedan
'62 Rambler Ambassador 4 dr (327 Hi-Per 4V)
'63 Rambler Ambassador 4 dr (327 Lo-Comp 2V)
'63 American(s), Conv and 4 dr wagon
'65 American(s)...2dr Ht, 2 dr Conv.
'65 Ambassador Conv.
'67 American 220 2dr sdn
'70 Gremlin 2 dr sdn (not Commuter)
'85 Eagle Wagon
'88 Jeep GrandWagoneer
'55 Packard Clipper 4 dr

there are more...most likely...But interested in anything??

Jerijan

'