From: cary avey       ffparamedic34@xxxxxxxxx
To: eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent:  Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:34 PM
Subject: Have a amc engine question and need  help.

Hey Eddie,

My name is Cary Avey, I used to live in  Houston and was memeber
of the AMC
club there for a couple of years. I have  recenlty started
working on a 69
javeling to restore to ride in. I recenlty  purchased a 73 360
out of a Jeep
wagoneer that had a th400 behind it. It has the  adapter plate
for the tranny as
well as verything else. I have elected to to use  the tranny and
purchased a 727
to go behind it. I have begun taking the motor  apart and when I
looked at
the back of the crankshaft, I noticed something  different about
it. On the part
that the flex plate bolts up to seems to be  longer than normal.
Almost a
little over an inch. My question is this. Was this  normal to
have that much
space behind on the back side of the crankshaft or do I  nee to
replace it with a
different one for a car? I have some pics of it that I  can send
when I get
home from work. Thanks for the help.

Cary  Avey
70 AMX