Re: [Amc-list] 70 Donohues

A further note I should have added at the beginning, or at least just got
off my lazy butt and read the book again.

I have an original copy of Performance American Style that I purchased in
1972.
On page eight there is a chart labeled "best blocks".
And I quote from the "book"...............

1970     360      part number 448 8937*

* "A limited number of these special blocks were installed in 1970 Javelins
to meet homologation requirements for SCCA
Trans Am racing. They feature a beefy lower end with provisions for 4-bolt
main caps. The bore is 4.08, but can be over-bored
to a maximum of 4.187 because it has thicker walls than standard 360
blocks".

If I'd just picked up the book and read it first........

Is that a part of rambler mentality?....................

Armand

P.S. I would guess there must be approximately 2500 or more of these things
that were made...........
Sad part is I've never seen one in the flesh, er, cast iron.........
I would love to find one for my "mythical" # 6 Penske Donohue Trans Am
Javelin  project.