[Amc-list] Keeping car original

The purists will always bust your chops about not keeping the car original but hey, its YOUR car! So if you plan to keep it, I always say enjoy it the way you want it to be. With regards, to repro seat covers and carpets, most of them are just as good or better than the originals so there is no issue with repro's.  I bought a set of Legendary door panels, seat covers and seat foam for a 69 AMX in tan color and they looked perfect to me.

My most enjoybale AMX ever was a 68 AMX with a built up 69 390 that had 70 heads and dogleg headers, 87 Mustang seats with adjustable elctric lumbar supports, a 70 AMX hood and Ram Air, 70 fender extensions, a 69 gauge cluster surround and passenger's side 69 dash grab handle.

When painted it was supposed to be AMC blue for 68 but somehow hot an incorrect mix and turned out to be more of an ocean blue green and it looked great!. I called it my hybrid AMX(before hybrid meant battery aided drive system) and won best of show in the modified class at an AMC meet.
After a couple of years of ownership, I sold the car to a guy in Texas who drove it 1500 miles home and he liked it as much as I did.

IMHO, cars are meant to be enjoyed and unless your car is a pristine, low mileage original, paining it the color you want it to be, especially black and not some nasty color that nobody else wants, will have a negligible impact on the cars ultimate resale value as it has already been changed from original anyway.

Regards,
Dan Curtis