Re: [Amc-list] Disposing of used oil (waste oil furnaces)

Re: [Amc-list] Disposing of used oil (waste oil furnaces)

> Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:42:29 -0400
> From: greg_taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Disposing of used oil
> To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I recently saw a new waste-oil burning furnace for $1500 on the Detroit
> craigslist.  Had me intrigued, to say the least.
>
> Sincerely,
> Greg Taylor

The venerable The Mother Earth News magazine published an article on how to build a waste oil furnace back in 1980.  Here's a website with a link to the original article plus an update on how to build: http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me4.html

My folks were sorta Beatniks who flirted with being hippies and were part of the whole back to the land movement in the 70s, and they subscribed for TMEN from Issue #2 through the mid-80s when it were all corporate.  That 1970 VW bus I mentioned in a posting yesterday?  Inherited from my folks . . .  it was our family station wagon through the 70s.  Their car before that was a real station wagon, a '65 Classic wagon, gold.  Somewhere in one of the many piles of clutter in the house is a pic of my mom sitting in the passenger seat of that Rambler, the door open with me as a baby sitting on her lap.  But I digresss.