[Amc-list] Steering Gear Box Rag Joint Disassembly Questions

[Amc-list] Steering Gear Box Rag Joint Disassembly Questions

I am in the process of removing the old power gear box to replace it with
a good one and have a new rag joint kit from www.Teamgrandwagoneer.com to
install. Does anyone know exactly how to remove the old "pressed in" bolts
that sandwhich the stamped plate and rubber donut to the end of the
casting attached to the splined shaft (steering column side of the gear
box)?

I have tried a large hammer and only succeeded in deforming the brackets
and squashing the old rubber donut.

I would also be interested in any links for "new" parts here, should I not
be able to get mine apart.

Here is a link to the pic of the kit I purchased ....
http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/Detailed/1205.html

Thanks all for the help and pointers!

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor