Re: [Amc-list] Synthetic or conventional...

Re: [Amc-list] Synthetic or conventional...

Thanks Tom....
There's no bads except cost to synth oil. Though that car might run better
with a big long AMC six in it! :-)

I got to diggin' into the owners manual and there is no reference to which
type of oil to use as far as the synthetic or conventional, just the weight
or the oil.
And as far as running better with a big long AMC six.... I dont know about
that, but we will see soon!!
I am very impressed with not only the performance that the 2.7 liter puts
out,(190 hp./180 ftp of tourqe at 4,000 rpm. which really isnt all that
much) But, it does have the hemispheracal heads on it though. But for being
such a big long car in the first place I do get 28-29 on the highway. Its
the passing on the freeway that really gets ya by the seat of the pants!!
The first couple of times, I had to get use to the tach going to 6 1/2 grand
and doing 80 before the darn thing shifted out of passing gear!! Can you
say...."ticket getter"!
But this fall I will be pulling my BIG LONG 258 out of my Gremlin and have
it completely gone through and mating it up to a BW T-10 close ratio 4
speed. Its time I got this one back on the road.
Thanks again Tom!

Bill Northern Idaho