[Amc-list] Re; Interesting Water Injection for DIY (Carbureted)

[Amc-list] Re; Interesting Water Injection for DIY (Carbureted)

I have seen water injection factory installed on farm
tractors built between 1910 and 1915 using the cooling
system as the water source. They in general were
manual control and instructions on a placard generally
referred to temporary use to stop knocking when needed.
Compression ratio's of 4:1 were the norm at that time
with higher compression not generally seen until in
the late 20's/early 30's with optional compression
ratios of up to 6:1 available in cars. Also the development
of Ethyl or high test gasoline encouraged higher
compression ratios.
It was not uncommon to run an early Tractor on either
Gasoline of Kerosene of the time with no changes
other than filling the tank with different products.
The Olds compact of the early 60's with the 215 Aluminum
V8 turbocharged was factory equipped with H20/Alcohole
injection as were a couple of other interesting autos of
the period.
A web search using the phrase Water Injection showed
up 547,000 web sites so there is plenty of data out
there on this fascinating and ageless subject.
John.