[Amc-list] 7 more days

7 more days and this job should be over.
At least I hope! The new guy has not even been interviewed nor the job posted
yet. However our summer season ends on the 5th and I leave on vacation the 12th.
Not much happens here in September. By the time the Overtime starts to kick in
surely they will have hired that third guy and I will not have to work these
hours anymore...
   I won't do it next year, I've already discussed this with my wife and I will
refuse the Overtime next year if push comes to shove. Spending these last 3
summers either sitting in this theatre or stuck in a neck brace make me realize
life is too short. If they insist I work this many hours I will file a grievance
and sleep in!
   Anyway, I'm waiting for the latest doc to schedule a nice epidural steriod
injection, should be fun. Then Hawaii, beach front condo on Maui, my wifes boss
sold it to us for the week, cheap! Then 4 days in Honolulu. 3 days for jet lag
on the back end and back to work...
   Enough small talk. quiet day, everyone travelling after Kenosha?
Yesterday afternoon I finally dug into my T5 swap. I posted over on
"Theamcforum" about the beginings. I need to get some pics taken. I want to make
sure I geta full record of the differences between the AMC T5 and the Ford T5.
   I'm anxious to see this deal thru. I got the speedo gear positioned and temp
fitted. I need to find out or figure out how to get the gear mounted in it's new
home!  Right now I've got it sitting in place with a .7" aluminum shim wrapped
around the shaft. My problem is the Ford clip will not be long enough to engage
both the shim and the gear. If anyone has any ideas I'm all for hearing about
it. Otherwise its going to end with JB weld and a prayer! Anyone have a tip on
boring a hole for the clip? It's a pretty small hole on the later model shaft
for the clip, so I'm thinking if I can't drill it, perhaps I'll bore it with a
diamond burr or carbide burr on a dremel? Should make a nice round hole with no
sharp edges if it works. Then since the clip won't engage the actual gear I'll use JB weld betweed the shim and the gear.
  If I could install the shim into the gear first it would be easier. But the
output splines on the Ford shaft won't allow that.
I really need to get thos pics up. It's hard to describe.
   Another thing I just saw was that one guy doing a swap instead of fooling
with specialized  pilots for his application , he had the Ford input turned down
the 0.59" to allow it to fit his stock bearing. I never thought of going that
route. I have the correct adapter for the large hole 4.0L crank to a roller .59"
bearing complete with a real bearing in place. Plus the input is out. I  may
just have the input machined. It's either that or have the adapter machined to
take a Ford input bearing. I may order up the Ford bearing and compare it to
that adapter to see what is best. Who knows the Ford bearing may fit into the
Adapter depending on the OD of the two bearings.
  Well, only 6 hours to go today.... It'll be a while till I get back to that T5 :[

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV