From: Arvon Griffiths <arfonrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] AMC V8 Diesel - Did AMC ever create one?
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Squirting the diesel in behind the valve should even be okay,
then
>use the sparker hole for a glow plug for cold starts. Wonder if
that
>would work? If not, you'd have to use the sparker hole for an injector or
>do some major machine work.

I may be wrong but, I was to understand that diesels inject fuel
directly into the cylinder and it burns as it is being injected.

IF you can inject fuel from behind a valve, how do you keep it
from
igniting while the intake valve is open? And/or how do you get
it to
ignite once the valves are closed?