[Amc-list] 60's Bosch Mechanical Injection - diesel style -

[Amc-list] 60's Bosch Mechanical Injection - diesel style -

" Yeah, I'd say if you're going Transaxle
" get one out of a PORSCHE - spin the ring
" gear over to function having the engine
" out front rather than out back - the
" 914 owners do frequently
" when upping the ante to a Flat 6 or V8.

-porsche- 914s came from the factory with flat sixes, 2.0 or 2.2 iirc;
that tranny is good for up to a 3.0 six.  it was also used in 911s.
the next gen transaxle, the g50, is good for -at-least- 500 hp; it's
used in the 911 turbos.

-vw- 914s had the flat 4.

===.===

Elitist !

-vw- 914 "or" PORSCHE 914 ?

2.0 4cyl. is listed as a PORSCHE engine
and there was controversies as to it being
a 'VW' motor - it isn't.

The Magazines wrote it up as a VW/Porsche
as Porsche owners associated any Porsche
at the time with 6 cylinders - Yes,
Porsche Factory Marketing Lit. did try
to create a New 'Class' with the intro
of the 914, so perhaps - certainly are
correct as to the coupling of the VW
name to Porsche - but I think the reasons
aren't apparent to most.

Porsche / VW were linked at the hip due
to Ferry's involvement with Hitler parts.

My faded Porsche data needs some readings:

were Porsche / VW under the same Ownership
at the time of 914era ?

Marketing 'concepts' were at the fore of
the Elitist 914 impressions - but the 914
4 cars I've seen were 'dressed' to max -
major flutter features - and the 914-6
cars were strippers - few recieved the
add ons as Porsche felt these were
heading to the track.

All 914 bodies were constructed at the
same place - badging only - differences
applied.

Why Porsche chose to use the VW/Porsche
moniker on the 914 is the question -
but that 2.0 4 cyl. is a PORSCHE motor -
and you'll pay for the name.

" if you don't mind a slight 'upgrade' -
" find a 70s' Mercedes 6 with Bosch Mechanical
" injection - drill / tap for the hard lined
" injectors - and it will look killah.

if you're speaking of bosch k-jetronic, iirc it can also be found on
bmw and volvo inline sixes and porsche flat sixes, and probably other
euros, maybe japanese too.

 the real diesel-like bosch mechanical
wasn't used iirc after the mid '60s.  it was really in its heyday on
the mid-'50s 300slr.

Yes! Right -  The real diesel-like Bosch mechanical!!

First Mercedes I'd seen as a kid had this -

It looked SO,  *Right* on their Sixes!

The fuel is delivered to each cylinder via
hard metal lines - just incredible looking......

I recall,
one person there at the time commented:

"Looks like one of those Nazi Kraut Airplane
Motors we seen - puttin' 'em in cars now, they're
not  stupid....."

[took a decade plus to fully grasp that lingo.... 'whew'..
....'Dad,...What's 'Nazi Kraut'... huuge wide eyed pause....;)]

That is how I'd go about that Navarro Turbo
Motor.

 - it would look crazy sexy - way cheap parts when
you locate a parts car and function
nicely enough to take on a Vacation trip without
worry.

They were the culmination of their 'previous'
applications with Fuel Injection - prior to
Computers / Electronics.

 - last years / applications ?

dunno,

begs the question:

what will this beauty go into ?

I'm still seeing one of those cigar
type bodies - maybe an ex dirt tracker shell
constructed well enough to be streetable.....

--

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe