[Amc-list] little '63 American project/driver

[Amc-list] little '63 American project/driver

Haven't done squat on this car in weeks!

Got the Caswell tank liner; I hope to do that this weekend, and get the
tank reinstalled.

Got three 17/32" silicon-carbide drill bits (from feePay) to try and get
the GDMF@)@$#!~!! trunnion bolts out. If that fails, 'tap
disintegration' is the only alternative I can see, $150 each. Those
bolts are HARD!!!

Got 9x2.5" brake shoes from ePay. Need drums, wheel cyls. (I decided the
10" drum project was turning into make-work so I'm going with Gremlin
brakes which fit fine.)

I did get the head on and mostly assembled. Awaiting pushrods from
Galvin's.

Gotta clean the crud out of the NOS carb, after only 20 miles! Sheesh!
But that's easy.

The upper trunnions are the only serious thing stopping me from driving
it at this point. I can't afford to buy the new bolts, bushings, etc til
the first of the month, but I have to get the old ones out first
anyways.

Let's hope the trans doesn't grind into chunks, the clutch turn into
waxed paper or the big nut fall off. But each of those is just a weekend
project or money. (I'd dump the big-nut axle... I have another trans...
I'd buy a clutch...)