Re: [Amc-list] Overdrive by replacing a 904 with a A500?

A: When I saw the weakness of the rear case webbing for myself, I gave up
before getting the valvebody to find out (the core trans I had was from a
'95/96 and had an extra electrical plug that 904/999 did not)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Overdrive by replacing a 904 with a
A500?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" however, there is a 42re used in 4.0 grand cherokees...
" []
" the 42re has always been controlled from the ecm and i don't
know
" if mopar performance or anyone else has a standalone tcm for
it.

i should add that converting a 42re back to a 42rh/a500 is
apparently
not a parts swapping exercise and may not be possible at all.
internet rambler                            is to see what all
have seen
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none
thought