[Amc-list] Re; Overdrive by replacing a 904 with a A500?

[Amc-list] Re; Overdrive by replacing a 904 with a A500?

Doug,

SNIP
Hi gang
Can I get overdrive on my 258 by buying an A500/40RH/42RH Dodge
transmission and installing it by using the bellhousing from my 904?
Does that all sound plausible?
Thanks Doug
SNIP
My money on this one would be to obtain a lock up torque converter
904 as the simplest and least expensive approach.
My second choice would be to use the 700r4 baby sister the 200 and go
that way if budget was not a major impediment.
My 'Pinion for what it is worth.
John.