Re: [Amc-list] Also some rear Axle information on 8 3/4 MOPAR

Re: [Amc-list] Also some rear Axle information on 8 3/4 MOPAR

I guess I should have been a little more clear as to my reasoning.
The ZR2 uses an 8.5" GM 10 bolt.
Plenty sturdy enough for the 4.0L
ZR2 also has the widest of these axles at 60 some inches.
Cut the housing to achieve a match to a stock AMC 15, buy two readily available aftermarket axles, relocate spring pads.
Done.
Still not a bolt in though.
There's also a very few 8.5 inch S10 rears out of V-6 5 speed two wheel drives. They measure at 54" mounting face to face. A pair of 1" spacers and relocate the pads and it bolts in, but I hate to go to all this trouble and then put spacers on!
All other s-10 get a 7.625 ring gear.
I ran some searches on the MOPAR 8 3/4 it is not an axle the the aftermarket has embraced the way they have the 9".
I'm not ruling it out. If i can find an A-body axle, I'll likely use one.
Everything is in the running until I buy one!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Russell Neyhart <rtneyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>