> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:23:10 +0000
> From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] silly ford axle question?
> To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> None of the 8.8" units are narrow enough for the American. It is in the 56.5" or thereabouts range total width.
> I snoozed yesterday on a new 28 splin Detroit locke carrier that went in the $150 range on evilbay.
> 28 spline will be fine for mine. If I have to build new I will probably go to 31.
> I need to see if the guy who I new years back is still building stuff.
> If so he was a real good guy who would build quality pieces from used stuff and stand behind them if they broke.
> Probably cost about half the cost of new if he is still kicking.
> 10 years ago I sold off a 70's Bronco 9" with 3.50 gears. I knew I'd be sorry someday!
>
> Oh, well, When we get thru this summer season at work, I'll start researching where to find what I need to do it right.
> A 9" will cost a little mpg over the lighter axles, but I won't break the darn thing!!!
>
> If I back off the other projects and just stay concentrated on the American I may just see my way thru to dropping a Stroker in it someday.....
>
> --
> Mark Price
> Morgantown, WV
> 1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
> " I was different before people dared to be different"

Check the 1992 Lincoln for the lite weight alloy REAR SUSPENSION SUB
FRAME with 8.8 *aluminum differential*, disc brakes, *...

*
What are you concocting  that requires a 'blow-proof' 9" rear - ?

 - running a tank of SUNOCO 91 in the 4.0 ??

--

                            ___
        =Bt=              /~   ~\
  milnersXcoupe          |_      |
   "The Heretic"         |/     __-__
                          \   /~     ~~-_
                           ~~ -~~\       ~\
                            /     |        \
               ,           /     /          \
             //   _ _---~~~    //-_          \
           /  (/~~ )    _____/-__  ~-_       _-\             _________
         /  _-~\\0) ~~~~         ~~-_ \__--~~   `\  ___---~~~        /'