Re: [Amc-list] silly ford axle question?

Re: [Amc-list] silly ford axle question?

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Anyone know about maybe grafting a Ford Maverick rear axle into a Spirit?
" (Specifically '75 Maverick with 6 cyl and '82 Spirit) My model 15 rear axle
" has been making noises that I don't like and I have access to the Mav diff
" for free.

i looked into swapping it into an american.  iirc the spring perches
are right, but i think it's a bit narrower than the spirit rear.  that
may not be a problem for you.