[Amc-list] Interesting axle idea, general grumbling

Rats foiled again batman!
Sent it from the wrong eddress the first time!!!

Subject:  Interesting axle idea, general grumbling
Date:  6 Jul 2007 19:43:45 -0000

Just stumbled on this tip for building a fake Shelby style rear axle for an
early Mustang.
Since the width is pretty darned near perfect I thought I'd pass it along.

http://reviews.ebay.com/1965-1966-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-9-Inch-Rear-End-Housing_W0
QQugidZ10000000002871550?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:5

It's not something I'd try, but I'm thinking of taking an old previously cut
down 68 Mustang 9" housing I have and getting it done to bring it to Stock 69
American width.
There used to be a guy local that cut housings and even splined cut axles.

I'm trying to figure out the most likely way to actually get the rear axle and
transmission beefed up in the American.

I'm begining to think I won't be attempting anymore big projects soon.

Everytime the weather changes or I do to much things are real bad for a
while.....

I'd hoped to get Andrews American at Cecil, but I'm afraid to even try. I HAVE
to work the night before and it's a 4 hour and 20 minute drive in. This mornig I
hurt so bad I was an hour and a half late for work. There's not anyway I can take a chance on
screwing up someone elses trip by not being able to make the trip. Plus the
whole deal of getting a car trailer and dealing with it if I'm having a bad day.

I do hope to come, but I sure can't be positive I'll be up to it :[

Anyone want to bring a 65 American body west to Morgantown from Cecil???

God, why do I ask these questions???

--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net