[Amc-list] Destiny reigns (or is that rains?) again!

[Amc-list] Destiny reigns (or is that rains?) again!

Since I will be parting out my '73 J4000, I was trying to figure out where the 304's next home would be. Perusing the ads (and cursing the lack of space an acre affords me for parking! <WG>) on http://seattle.Craigslist.org I came across an '84 Jag Vanden Plas for $400 with an excellent body and interior (and it's NOT British Racing Green!). It had me wondering how late into production they ran the unipattern TH400. Since that's what's behind my motor right now (albeit a 4x4 version) I have the adapter ring, etc to bolt my motor in (and being used to the Prince of Darkness, I fear no British wiring!) and the Jeep mounts could be grafted in place if the current ones didn't work easily (I found a kit for sale some time ago for putting a Chev motor in)

No enclosed shop (I just got a Devilbiss with Wisconsin gas powered air compressor/12VDC generator that is SERIOUSLY over-sized, even for a shop and I already own airtools!) and tons of other projects on the go have this idea doomed before it gets out of the gate (but it was fun to think about for a couple minutes!)