Re: [Amc-list] air shocks on amx & javelins

Re: [Amc-list] air shocks on amx & javelins

>From what I read in past, I thought air shocks in Javelins and AMXs more commonly bent up the lower shock mounts. My Javelin had air shocks when I bought it and the lower mounts were in pretty bad shape, but the upper mounts were fine. Those shocks are now gracing Ottawa's landfill site.

Regardless of whether the upper or lower mounts blow out first, springs (or spacer blocks) should be used to adjust ride height, not shocks. Air shocks alter spring action which affects suspension geometry. Shocks should be chosen to match ride height and suspension travel in order to maintain the suspension geometry.

Just say no to air shocks.

Ross Blair
69 BBO Javelin 390
Ottawa, Ont.