Re: [Amc-list] Parking lights won't work

Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:23:00 -0700
From: "Jamie Smith" <oconner51@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Your 64 doesn't have hazard lights either, but all 66 and later models do.

My 66 American doesn't have hazard lights and my 66 Classic didn't either.

Hazard lights on 66 models were via an underdash switch. It would be a big chrome knob with a red light in the center. Some owners may have removed them, or your cars were actually built in 1965. Remember, 66 model production started in August and cars were available by September. The first four months of production was built in 1965 and unaffected by the new law, which only affected cars built in calendar year 1966.

I should have clarified CALENDAR YEAR 1966 model cars in my previous post. Thanks for reminding me!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"