Re: [Amc-list] AMC V-8's in Atlanta

When I cut off a Javelin roof working with Russ
Hathaway's brother a couple of years ago, I rented a
portable generator and brought my Milwaukee sawzall
and made quik work of the job.

The Javelin was in a paid storage lot, so access with
tools was not a problem.  Most junkyards prohibit
jacks and any tool that produces sparks or open flame.

However, when prepping a car for placement in the
yard, the Darwin Award crew at the junkyard closest to
me uses the sharp end of a pick to puncture the gas
tank and then they drain the gas into a series of
plastic pails held under the stream.  Picture this:
The car is up on a six foot stand.  The guy stands
under the car and swings the pick.  One hit punctures
the tank.  He quickly grabs a plastic pail and
collects the gasoline, while holding the pail six
inches from his face.  He's being cautious though. I
have never seen him with a lighted cigarette while he
does this.   The same guy does this many times a day
when they are prepping cars.  I don't know who, if
anyone, pays his worker's comp insurance.  Surely they
have never been inspected.

They have good prices on their parts though.

Joe Fulton