Re: [Amc-list] Oh goody

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 05:30 -0400, Russell Neyhart wrote:
> Hmmm...  so your email(s) went out at 16:00?  My server claims to have
> received this message at 21:44 last night.  I could have driven to
> Morgantown from Stroudsburg (5h 26m according to Mapquest) chatted,
> looked at cars, and had a beer in that amount of time!  Sheesh.

YOur ISP could be delaying a bit. amc-list.com does mail in 5-minute
batches. Then the receiving ISP delays. And mail sent through
AMXfiles.com gets delayed until someone marks it "OK to send" (it's
another reason to use AMCyclopedia.org).

But the real culprit could be simply timezones. amc-list.com and many
big sites, keep their clocks on UTC (zulu time) (GMT in the olden days
when anyone knew where Greenwich England is).

Mail clients (outlook, thunderbird, etc) may or may not convert to local
time. Many people's computers have never had their timezone set.

Email and www are cesspools. The rest of the internet is pretty clean,
timewise.