[Amc-list] bout a Chevy, please no.

>From my understanding...
my 80 oncord wagon, 6cyl, I have a 304 in the garage and would like to swap
when the time comes to stop the 6cyl.
I have learned/heard that the cross members for V8 Gremlins, Concords and
such are the same, a bolt in thing.  Just the cost to buy one IF not lucky
enough to pull one from a RARE scrap.
Also told that the trans in my concord will bolt right up to the V8 and the
6cyl.  I have replaced the radiator with a 3 row so I am set there.  Wiring
would be the final question.

But always wondered why they say that a S B C... would be "cheaper"?  304's
are still out there as is some 360's.  401 another thing, but some are
there.  Why would the AMC in an AMC be cheaper than a smaller blocked cheby.
  Heart transplants save lives, in people they are still the same person,
but there's still something about an AMC with a different heart in it.  Just
not right for me.  My AMC's run GREAT!

Any thought's?

(Also have some calendars left, June07 - May 08, graveyard and a couple
dealerships.  Sold 1 on e-bay, so $10 includes shipping to get my money back
and quit this silly idea.  No one seems to want calendars anymore.)

Richard

Message: 5