[Amc-list] Whittlers Mother - six speed automatics

[Amc-list] Whittlers Mother - six speed automatics

I mentioned these ZF boxes as they are state of
the art - availability since 5 manufacturers along
with GM / Ford are using them and the gearing isn't
simply a 3 spd with an OD gearbox hung on the case.

The GV Od has some bad press behind the TH400s the
Toyota camp use for the Turbo UZ FE engines - Tundra
4.7 / 4.3 / 4.0 DOHC motors > vibration.

New ZF is lighter than any existing 6spd and 4spd auto
matic.  Direct clutches - etc.  I posted about these
a few months ago with some Tech URLs .

In your pile of parts you might have the TH400 adapter
to AMC...... in a year or two these ZFs will be found
on car-parts.com for a couple of hunnies......

Turbine smooth - well geared these can keep your
launch in the Torque 'pocket' rather than screaming
over a broad band 3spd TF - or not.

Bt