Re: [Amc-list] How 'bout a Chevy?

-----Original Message-----
From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
HOTROD74GremlinX@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:35 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] How 'bout a Chevy?

Also nowadays  the Jeepers are using the AMC V8's as there are kits avail now to do a
swap. A  chevy i a Jeep may be cheaper but its no more easier than dropping a AMC
V8.

Bart
74 Gremlin X  360 V8

<snip>

Kit?  CJ swaps are done with 100% factory parts.  YJ's require frame mounts and that crowd usually
ends up running older running gear, frequently 727/208 combos from FSJ's.

I'll also object to it being cheaper unless the Chevy motor or other key components were somehow
scored cheaply, such as a gift, etc.  In doing the swap, its not the cost of the Chevy motor that
gets you, but rather all the peripherals and the rest of the drivetrain if they object to buying an
engine/trans adapter.

I think the movement back to Jeep owners running AMC's has been more about education/awareness and
perhaps being shown how easily a TBI system can be added to an AMC V8, such as Howell or a pieced
together comparable system in the case of a more frugal junkyard hunter.  Can't speak to the more
expensive injection options.

-Spro