[Amc-list] HONDA IRL rods

Without actual figures before me,
the 48mm HONDA IRL big end rods will
allow you to stroke the crank considerably.

On the Toyota 4.7 you can pull 8mm additional
stroke simply by using the smaller journal size.

I'd run forged pistons / rods and stick two
used MR2 Turbos on the beast personally.....

Watch eBay for NASCAR connecting rods -
at times they're selling 'used once' $2,500.00
rods for:  $250.00 .

6" is the usual size - there are longer units
that get posted.

Bt

=== . ===

I believe in that day and age it was likely just a welded steel crank. [Still an undertaking to get to 418"]
They did a lot of welding and offset grinding on the steel cranks back then.

I don't intend to go that far. Just a lightly modified 327 will do fine for starters!
I know most people run straight to the Gen II engine screaming weigth issues and such.
But, for this I want that big old bright red beast in there!

My dream is to be able to add the gear vendors OD to it.
But that's $3K I don't have :[

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV