[Amc-list] Dumb question about AMC List

I've noticed that when most people post "replies" to the list it often
shows previous message.  Is there a way to reply that includes previous
message without copy/paste that is automatic?  I get the list at home
and at work.  When reading messages at home there are highlighted
features on peoples "names/emails that I can highlight to email directly
that I don't get at work, and just wondered if different email servers
have a feature I am not seeing or getting.

Thanks, Duane