[Amc-list] Javelin 304 manifold ordeal

I must vent. I put the manifold on my freshly rebuild 304 today 4 times. First the oil valley pan wouldn't stay put, then the rear left hand (NEW) manifold bolt broke off in my new head. 2nd, the bolt retractor tools (3) broke trying to get it out, but I finally got it.
3rd, the little rubber gaskets that come with the gasket set squeezed out 3 times in a row when I tried to torque it down. I finally called an engine shop and they told me the little trick to those gaskets is to throw them away and use silicone instead (HAHA!).
I finally got it installed and touched up the AMC blue on the heads. It is all new blue, and chrome (MMMM CHROME), just looking at it was worth the aggravation. God bless American muscle cars, and the sense of accomplishment you get when it finally goes right! Next the engine bay gets repainted before I drop in the motor.
Troy