[Amc-list] Still kicking

I haven't been postiing much, not that most of what I do post is that important.
I made my kids ride in the back of the American on Fathers day, grumble,grumble, all from the 14 year old.
No A/C and too cramped! boo, hoo! SUFFER!
  I took it up to my parents and mother-in-laws.
120 miles round trip, totally, flawless trip.
The new PRO 5.0 shifter with the modified mustang lever on it is sweet. Nothing fancy about the feel, just nice tight precise shifting. Push it forward from second with the palm of your hand as hard as you want and it magically goes directly to third! very nice indeed. There really wasn't anything wrong with the stock shifter, I just wanted something a little better and while it was kind of pricey at $165 it does indeed work well.
  After that one flawed trip with the speedo goofing up I made a heatshield for under the speed sensor. This trip I sat with the car idling for about 10 minutes letting it heat soak and it worked fine both ways. I'm hoping it was an overheated speed sensor and not a faulty speedo. Autometer prety much said they would take care of the problem, but if it is an intermitant thing they may not be able to see the cause. That could lead to a bunch of shipping. I'm hoping it behaves!
  I really need to get into replacing the seatbelts. My wife has the mechanical ability of a _______ [insert disability here].  It takes her 5 minutes to put the three pieces together every time we take it out. It is getting old, I've checked the belts work fine, it is the wife! She somehow just can't manage it!  I need to upgrade to some more modern belts.
   It will wait, I'm now in the first stages of getting the second opinion on my shoulder. I see my primary care Friday morning. He is going to into my charts and refer me to both the pain clinic and a second Orthopedic surgeon who specializes in only shoulders. Between the long delays in getting into Orthopedics and probably the pain clinic, plus the sumner season here at work and a planned trip to Hawaii in August. I think the American will be driven and not worked on! I hope! My shoulder really bothered me after driving it and the Jeep all weekend :[

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV