[Amc-list] Where's my sign? (was Re: Eastwood Gas Tank Sealer Kit)

[Amc-list] Where's my sign? (was Re: Eastwood Gas Tank Sealer Kit)

Back on the farm where I grew up @40 years ago, we had a couple cars we
learned to drive in out in the back 40 (acres) Time and again we would try
to take them places where we could ride our horses (many times with
predictable results. "Go get the Massey Harris tractor because the &%#$@*!
Rambler/Ford/Chev/Vauxhall/VW is stuck again!")
   We even tried to set up jumps and stuff to emulate our heroes H.B.
Halicki and all the stunt drivers in many TV shows and movies (like CHIPs,
original Gone in 60 seconds, Eat my dust!, The Drive In, Gumball Rally,
French Connection, Junkman)
   My younger bro missed a ramp and ripped the gas tank out of his '63
Mercury Monterey. He cruised @50 feet or so past it before running out of
gas. That's when I got the bright idea of making a flame thrower (I don't
suggest you do this at home unless you're accustomed to saying "Hey y'all
watch this!") We used plastic jugs with a little gas and had flame wars.
Then I got the bright idea to see if the gas tank would do that too! It did
for awhile till there wasn't anything left in the tank but fumes.
   The last time I lit it, I just recall suddenly not being able to hear or
breath. Don't know how far away from that tank I landed, but when I looked
back, the hole in the tank looked like the gaping maw of some alien
creature!
   With all the crazy things I've done, accidents I've been through, it's
amazing I don't have more damage than I've had!
    I narrowly missed a T bone and being hit from behind on the way to work
this AM. Some "can you hear me now?" Jackass blew through a stop sign and I
saw him coming, so I tried to stop. I automatically look in my rearview now
when that happens and saw the car behind me flying up waaay over the limit,
so I pulled to the shoulder to let the guy behind me by and he tee boned the
phone-y driver!
   This was after breaking a tooth eating breakfast and forgetting both my
cell phone (handsfree as required by the new state law in a couple weeks!)
and can of Rockstar wakeup juice. Last thing I said to my wife was "If this
is the worst thing that happens today, the rest won't be too bad!"
   Just heard we had a little quake off the coast this AM (no wonder I
didn't sleep well the past couple nights!)