Re: [Amc-list] 6 cyl. to V8 swap

Re: 6 cyl. to V8 swap

" From: Keith Evenson <epd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" > I don't know if this is how I am supposed to get a question out to
" > the group or not but can anyone tell me what kind of problems I
" > might have if I try to put a  343 into a 65 American with a 6 cyl.
" > It has a 3 speed and I would like to make it a 4 on the floor. Any
" > advice would be great. I have not gotten the car yet so if it would
" > work better with a new car 67 - 69 I will keep looking but this one
" > seems like a good deal. Thanks for the help.

Keith

If you go to the:http:\\www.bulltear.com web site . They have available
a new set of motor mounts for the the six to V-8 conversion.  If you don't
like that Doug Galvin one of the main parts vendors on the west coast I
believe offer a six cylinder to V-8 conversion of the cross member. Most of
other advice you been given is pretty good. You do need to move the radiator
up a couple inches , in front of the engine compartment instead in the engine
compartment and that's just bolting the radiator in front of for,
lack of the correct
name of the sheet metal the front ,fire wall ,that goes across the
front of the car
on AMCs just behind the grille . thanks, Larry Daum