[Amc-list] 66 Ambo 232 compression problem

[Amc-list] 66 Ambo 232 compression problem

you didnt by chance hear some smacking when you very
first started cranking it did you? maybe bent
valvestems so the valves are not closing all the way?
what works great for stuck rings or valves i have
found is 1 of 2 things. 1: pour some trans fluid down
the intake and let it sit for a while cranking by hand
every few hours. you want to do it by hand so it is
slow, if you do it by starter, it will go to fast and
blow it out the exhaust. you want some to stay in the
cylinders.

once you get it running the second option worked well
for me. using seafoam pour it down the carb. it will
smoke REAL bad. works great tho. i poured about half
the can down keeping the car running. you want to pick
up the rpms as you pour a little at a time in. will
clean out valves and everything. then i saved the last
half of the can, at idle, just dumped it all in at
once. let it kill the car and let it sit like that
overnight. everything loosened up GREAT. my 287 runs
GREAT now. enough to spin tires, till i hit the dead
spot on the booster pump.

it has to be something with valves not sealing or
rings not sealing. kinda strange.....

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules