Re: [Amc-list] 1967 Rebel Wagon with Overdrive 232 Six

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 01:34 -0400, JohnBherna@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a 1967 Rebel Wagon, 232 Six with Overdrive that I have had since 1973
> but just got running within the last 6 months.
>
> I have an old Chilton Manual that shows a Type-20 Warner T-90 or a Type -21
> Warner T-96.  Can anyone tell me how to determine which one I have or where on
> the transmission to look for the part number?

http://www.gremlinx.com/AMC-Transmissions.htm

http://amccf.laatikko.org/tech/amc_manual_trannies.html

Andrew Hay's brain has digested all this into quite a compendium, I'm
sure he knows off hand!

It seems exceedingly unlikely that there's a T-96 in there! The URLs
above hint that you ought to have a T14, but I don't think there's an OD
version of that transmission, but there's ID info on the first URL that
will help you ID it if you crawl under the car to look (lever positions,
number of top cover bolts, etc).