[Amc-list] Diesel Jeeps and other AMC stuff

[Amc-list] Diesel Jeeps and other AMC stuff

The XJ was available overseas with 2 different diesels. A VM and I don't
recall the other (besides the crappy Renault version in the US) I wish they
had got together with Toyota to put diesels in Jeeps. I was looking at a 2LT
today (up in Canada) with a version of the AW4 behind it. Didn't have my
camera with me (next time I go up, I hope I'll have time to get some pics of
these) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_L_engine) The 4 cyl turbo with
auto overdrive would be excellent in an XJ. The inline 6 turbo (used in a
lot of heavy equipment around the world) would be excellent in a full size
Jeep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_H_engine
   The Nissan conversion I thought about doing (turbo SD33T) would cost a
lot more to do unless you tripped over a wrecked UD (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Diesel )

What I did end up doing today is dropping off the '88 Grand Wagoneer
tailgate I had to an FSJ aficionado in Port Coquitlam, BC (in exchange for
gas money) I also dropped off the '85 XJ axles for my son to finish his 4x4
MJ conversion (anyone need any body or other parts off an '85 XJ 2 dr? 2.5L
motor and trans are going into my '86 Comanche next week so I can put it up
for sale as a good runner. Rear axle is there. Interior is bad due to leaky
sunroof)
   I might put my '73 J4000's 304/727/NP208J into the 2 dr if I find some XJ
or SJ axles around. If I find another complete Jtruck cab, I'll put Brian's
327 Nash motor in (I have the adapter ring already) with the unipattern
TH400 and Quadratrac and permanently mount an LPG tank (I'm currently
looking for 1,000 gallon tank, which is @2,000 lbs full) in the box for
heating the cabin this winter. (they want too much to deliver the fuel out
there and I can buy it for $1.20 a gallon at the depot)

   Back to today's play time tho. 8^)  I stopped in just a few miles North
of John and picked up the 2WD AW4 for my wife's '82 Spirit I'm fixing up.
It's getting a 4.0L head and HO EFI swap (just to make things simple as it's
all under the hood. I still need to get a harness and both computers for a
'91-93 XJ with 4.0L auto) I don't know if the HO intake will clear the brake
booster, but the Renix one can and I can adapt the HO throttle body to it.

   Still so many things to do before the next snow flies! (and that
cottonwood fluff out there was thick as a mattress today!)