[Amc-list] Gremlin Stuff

I've decided to go ahead and remove and paint both
front fenders on the 77 Gremlin before getting it
smogged a "road legal.

The significant thing I want to point out is that
these cars didn't get much paint on the back side of
the fenders.  Corrosion is controlled basically only
by the body dip type primer.  So it's a good idea,
even if the car doesn't need paint to remove and clean
(and probably corrosion proof) the underside of an AMC
car's fenders if it is an unrestored car and there is
no evidence that the area has been cleaned up.

I'm using PPG products:  DPLF primer and Concept
single stage urethane for the coating.  I'll probably
spray rubberized undercoating out of a spray can onto
the underside of the fenders.  Today I got both
fenders sanded and into the first coat of primer.

Joe Fulton