[Amc-list] 15" rims for Ambo wagon?

I've been trying to find tires for a 1971 Ambassador 3-seat wagon and
am finding that the large 14" size that it uses (H78-14, or in today's
sizes, 225-75R14) is just about impossible to find. My regular tire
shop says "nobody makes that size any more." The tirerack.com web
site doesn't list any that size, going one size down to 215-75R14
just brings up a couple of selecions for trailer tires.

I was thinking that it might be easier to find suitable tires in
a 15" size. What 15" rims from "Brand X" vehicles would fit the Ambo?
(Chrysler? Ford?) What 15" tire size would give about the same overall
tire diameter as the originals?

--
   Roger Blake
   rogblake@xxxxxxxxx