Re: [Amc-list] Replacing Strut-Rod Bushings.

Re: [Amc-list] Replacing Strut-Rod Bushings.

> " McQuay-Norris Strut Rod Bushing:
> " Part Number: FA927

> now i'm surprised that concords and spirits aren't mentioned, or
> eagles.  is there actually a difference?  and what happened to the
> '74-6 cars - why do they fit the '70-3 and '77 gremlin/hornet but not
> in between?

Bad data. It is certain they fit 1975 and 1979 Spirit, having personally
done those. It's difficult to believe that 74, 76, 77, 78+ are
different. AMC may have fiddled parts (one piece vs. two piece, etc) but
AFAIK all of the metal parts are identical (pending part number
differences for extra/missing holes on brackets).

I'd go so far as to say, if you have a strut rod with two big nuts, any
current-replacement AMC strut bushing will fit. Before some year (65?)
there is not only the different bushing types (the weld-in one-piece)
but some of the rods are different diameters -- guess how I know :-)