Re: [Amc-list] little american again

> > No fuel in the tank after years of sitting? I bet it
> > DID have some fuel in it when parked, and it's
> > evaporated and left a residue inside the tank. That
> > residue is now disolving and getting in your fuel.
> > Better drop the tank and clean it. A little brick
> > cleaner and water will work nicely, better than any
> > fuel tank cleaner you can buy. Before putting it
> > back you may as well use some sealer in it. The
> > POR-15 stuff won't work if the tank has the least
> > trace of varnish in it. Go to
> > www.hirschautomotive.com and try some of their
> > sealer -- it works great.

With the amount of crap in there -- it chips off in 1/4" sheets, where I
can poke at it -- I think I need to get it boiled out. I rapped it with
a rubber mallet and that dislodged a lot, but I don't want to turn it
into a golf ball and it won't remove it all.

It otherwise doesn't look rusted out (no sign of leaks) so I will coat
it afterwards.

I got some good photos of the interior with my digital camera. The flash
is right over the lens and it looked into the sender hole just fine.