[Amc-list] Re; Step-down linkage for Pacer needed!?

[Amc-list] Re; Step-down linkage for Pacer needed!?

SNIP
I am in hope that someone on list either has
or can help me locate the stepdown linkage
from the carb to the auto trans for a '78
Pacer.

I have a rebuilt transmission installed,
working fine, but cannot drive it without
this linkage.

I am in South Georgia, but will pay for
shipping from wherever!?

Jay Honeycutt
SNIP

Jay,
The linkage you are looking for is not unique to the Pacer.
The engine and the transmission in the Pacer is
identically configured in this area to all similar vintage
AMC cars and or Trucks.
What you are looking for is the linkage that is bolted
on to the intake/Exhaust manifold and is hooked
up to the carburetor and the transmission.
This can be found on pretty much all AMC cars
manufactured from 1972 on that used either the 232 or the
258 I-6 automobile and the 904 automatic transmission.
There may be some deviations on the early '70 applications
like 72 through 74 but I would bet that they are the same.
The only thing that I would concern myself with is what
carburetor do you have. The Carter YF single barrel
carburetor or the Carter BBD 2bbl carburetor. I think
that you would want to get yur parts from the donor
car equipped with the same carburetor as the linkage
at the carburetor is different.

With that said, I may have one kicking around the
garage that came off of a 1980 Concord and I think
it is complete but have not looked at it for quite a
while. The carburetor used was the Carter 2bbl BBD.
John.