Re: [Amc-list] Wikipedia - Gremlin production

A: The Eagle floorpan is different and the engine crossbar moves the engine to the right about 2-3 inches (to make room in the Eagle for a front driveshaft)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Wikipedia - Gremlin production
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Do we know who wrote the article on the Gremlin for Wikipedia?
"
" They mention that the 671000 odd Gremlins built make it AMC's
most produced model.
"
" I would like mention that their were also 864,925 Hornets and
" 1,298,589 57-69 Ramblers which puts the Gremlin in 3rd. :)

imho this is technically 2 chassis, the '57-'63 and the '64-9.

i recall looking at the production numbers when i joined amc/rc
[i
think] and adding up about a million '64-9 americans, including
canadian production.

one could make an argument for combining gremlin and spirit
production, and likewise hornet and concord, since they were
basically
just name changes.  more of a stretch but possible would be
including
eagles too, since they're essentially the same platform.

which reminds me of a nutball idea i had - since the hornet and
american front subframes are so close they use the same engine
crossmembers, how hard would it be to graft eagle frame horns
and
inner fenders to a '64 american?  it might take less work than
you'd
think...
internet rambler                            is to see what all
have seen
adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none
thought