Re: [Amc-list] Wikipedia - Gremlin production

Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:48:41 -0600
From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>

Do we know who wrote the article on the Gremlin for Wikipedia?

They mention that the 671000 odd Gremlins built make it AMC's most produced
model.

I would like mention that their were also 864,925 Hornets and
1,298,589 57-69 Ramblers which puts the Gremlin in 3rd. :)

Otherwise its pretty good.

Well, considering the Gremlin just came in one body style, that's got to be the most produced of the same body style and chassis. I'm registered with Wikipedia, I will go make a note that the figure is for a single body style, not production of combined body styles and chassis. you don't have to be registered to make changes, but PLEASE DO REGISTER if you intend to make changes. It helps later if another registered editor wants to check sources -- helps keep the site in check.

Here is the exact quaote from Wikipedia after editing:
"671,475 units were sold during the Gremlin's lifetime, making it the most popular single body style/chassis produced by AMC (other models, such as the Rambler and even Hornet, have higher production numbers, but consisted of more than one chassis design and body style in the case of the Rambler, multiple body styles for the Hornet)."

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"