  A: To see their eyes go wide, tell them you have a '66 Nova with 194 inline
6. That should mess with their heads! POWERMAX Part # 700165 (which
corresponds to NAPA's number as well) or the correct number is POWERMAX Part
# 700164 (according to Rock Auto) for the 196. I think only the coil wire
was a different length. (I assume it's OHV and not flathead? That is if it
even makes a difference)

From: Justin Shelton
Subject: [Amc-list] Will ignition wires for a Chevy 6 work on my
196?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The only convenient parts store does not stock and claims to be
unable to even order ignition wires for my 196 engine. They
always want to sell me one of those universal kits, but I think
they're a huge pain in the rump, and it makes a basic tune up
take a lot longer.

Does anyone know if ignition wires for a Chevy I-6, like a 235,
would fit? I assume they stock these since it's a much more
prevalent engine.

-Justin